Centelon is a modern, young technology company that carries an unflinching passion to help clients innovate, adapt, and succeed. We are a business-technology products, solutions, and services company. At Centelon, we harness the power of AI, digital and other emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the evolving world. Centelon is a trusted partner of large and mid-size businesses in Financial Services, Media, Logistics, Energy & Utilities industries. We have offices in Australia, Singapore, and India.
Who are you?
- Ambitious: you are an ambitious individual who is eager to develop their skills and progress their career at every opportunity in today’s rapidly developing data ecosystem.
- Mateship: you thrive as a part of high performing teams and love sharing your knowledge with your peers and clients.
- Bias to Action: you seize opportunities when you see them and use them for personal, professional, and business growth.
- Passionate: you are passionate about data and love to deliver high performing data solutions for our vendors and our clients.
What is the opportunity?
We are searching for a Senior Data Engineering Consultant to join our Camp in Sydney to take our data engineering capability to the next level, which includes building our capability in following key pillars
- Data movements is about bringing the right data to the right places. This could be using data integration tools or data processing frameworks for real-time / batch integrations
- Datastores are about finding a home for your data. Ranging from databases (relational or NoSQL) and warehouse appliances to cloud based data platforms
- Data modelling is about act of exploring data-oriented structures and architecting data systems for performance. Use data modelling for better business intelligence and building a robust data governance framework
- Data visualisations is to build and publish interactive customized reports and dashboards, drill downs and report scheduling using best of breed applications
Expected Technical Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience in Azure deployed Cloud Data Services, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Snowflake
- Proficiency in understanding data, entity relationships, structured & unstructured data, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java)
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Relevant experience in data processing frameworks such as Airflow, Kafka, Spark, NiFi
- Prior exposure to modern technology, frameworks, and tools such as Scrum, Test Driven Development, Kubernetes, CI/CD and Docker
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as QlikSense, PowerBI, Tableau and/or Cognos is a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing Data Architecture, Data Governance, Data Analysis, Data Profiling frameworks throughout the Data Lifecycle
At Centelon, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.